Although few users are aware of it, the PC web version of WhatsApp has its own photo editing software. The most used instant messaging application in the world has just launched this tool together with another set of improvements, such as the ability to see links with a full preview and a broader context, for its desktop version, which can now be used without having the mobile. phone connected.
We will explain how to use WhatsApp web photo editor for computers, which works both in browser versions and in WhatsApp Desktop for Windows or macOS. This is a new feature that has gone unnoticed and that can help you when sharing images from your computer with WhatsApp.
When you send a photo from your computer via WhatsApp, you will enter an editor before sending it. In this editor, in addition to being able to crop or rotate the photo, you can also do other things like add text, emojis or stickers.
You can also paint on the photo with a brush, which can help highlight a specific part or leave a mark. When done, you can send it.
WHATSAPP WEB LAUNCHES THE PHOTO EDITOR FOR PC, SEE HOW TO USE IT
WhatsApp photo editor on desktop is available for Windows and macOS. With this tool, users will be able to edit images or photos before sending them. Also add stickers, text, cut and rotate.
You can access this new feature when you want to send a media file via WhatsApp from your computer. Here we explain, step by step, how to use this photo editor:
The first thing you should do is enter the conversation you want on WhatsApp for desktop and choose the option to send photos. For that, you must click on the option to send files, which appears to the left of the text box with a paper clip icon. When the options appear, choose Photos and Videos.
A File Explorer window will open on your computer. Here, you simply have to choose the photo that you want to share through the application. To do this, you will be able to explore all the folders that you have on your computer.
When you choose the photo, you will go directly to the WhatsApp photo editor for your computer. In this editor, you will see the preview of the photo and
at the top you have buttons for everything you can do.
You can then see options related to the option you have chosen, such as colors if you choose the pencil to draw. These are the available options, from left to right:
- Emoji: You can choose and put the emojis on the photo as stickers, resize them and place them wherever you want.
- Sticker: You can choose and put the stickers that you have in WhatsApp on the photo as stickers, changing their size and placing them wherever you want.
- Text: You can add text to your photo, which by default will appear inside a text box. You can choose the color of the text, the font you want to use and the background you want to put on it.
- Painting: You can paint on the photo with the mouse. You can choose the color of the brush and the size you want it to be.
- Crop and rotate: You can crop the photo to choose which part to send and rotate it to your liking.
- Undo and redo: You can undo the last change you made with the editor on the photo or redo it again.
All you have to do is edit the photo however you want and send it. The person you send it to will receive it as is after the changes you have made, they will not see the original. At the moment you can only do this with photos and not with videos.