Developed by ByteDance, the company also responsible for the famous Tik Tok, CapCut is a free video editing program that provides features like transition effects, filters, subtitles, and audio tracks to assist the user in their audiovisual production. The application is very easy to use and is available for Android and iOS systems and the jobs can be exported directly to the mobile phone. Here we show you how to use CapCut and rock the videos.
How to import a video to CapCut
The first step before starting to edit the video is to import it into the application. Here’s how to do it:
- Enter the application: On your phone, open the app (login with username and password if you haven’t already done so).
- Import a video from your gallery: Click on new project and select the desired file in the album category and tap on add. In the timeline, you will have access to the main editing panel. By clicking on Local Library, you will find projects made available by CapCut itself.
How to use CapCut’s editing functions
After importing your video, it’s time to unleash your imagination and use the tools that capcut offers. For beginners in this art, it is very important to know:
- Touch the video to select it;
- A white stripe will appear that you must drag the edge to shorten or extend your music video.
- If the video clip is selected, touch again to return to the edit start menu;
- Tap layer and then add layer, choose file and hit add;
- Then place it as you like.
- Move the cursor to the box where you want to start a transition and click split;
- Then select the transition option and choose a category from the options presented.
Related: Top 11 Video Editing Apps to Make Videos on Android and iPhone
- In the main menu, “Text” is the third option. After selecting, you can choose “Add text”, option in which you must write what will be subtitled;
- Go to “Text Template” if you prefer a ready format, then double tap the word box and retype it with the phrase you want;
- In “Automatic subtitles”, choose between “Original sound”, “Announcement” or “Both” and select “Continue”;
- Go to “Stickers”, drag until you find what you want and click. The figure will go directly to the video.
Include audio tracks
- Go to “Audio”, second icon at the bottom of the main panel of the screen, and choose between “Sounds”, “Effects”, “Extracted” and “Speech”;
- When you choose “Sounds”, click “Extracted” for the songs available by the program itself or “Device” to add specific songs to your smartphone;
- Select “Effects” if you want sounds like laughter, fight scenes, food preparation sounds, and more. Choose the desired effect and click the “+” symbol next to the name of the audio;
- After it appears on the edit line as a blue stripe, select it and drag it between the edges to shorten or lengthen the audio.
How to export the created video to your mobile
- At the top of the application, select the second icon and choose the resolution and frame rate of your video;
- Tap the arrow that is also at the top of the screen on the right side. At this point, keep CapCut open and don’t lock the screen;
- Click “Done” if you want to store only on your mobile device;
- Choose from “Share on TikTok”, “WhatsApp”, “Facebook” and “Instagram” if you want to send the video clip directly to one of these social networks.