Imagine WhatsApp without your stickers. Learn how to transfer WhatsApp stickers to your new device.
From a boring text-based messaging app to a platform where you can fully express yourself and your emotions, WhatsApp continually opens up possibilities with new features.
What great news was when WhatsApp WhatsApp introduced the stickers in October 2018, something we were all waiting for. The introduction of animated WhatsApp stickers in 2020 took expression through chat to a whole new level. Personalized stickers are something you don’t want to miss now that you’ve got a new phone.
Ways to transfer WhatsApp stickers
Finally, do you have a new device? No need to start over. Continue with your favorite stickers on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp data transfer can be done on the same platform or on different platforms. Speak an Android device to another Android device or from an iOS device to another iOS device. Or even on Android and iOS devices.
Now let’s look at two ways you can transfer WhatsApp data through the same platform devices.
- Transfer via cloud backup
- Transfer by manual file transfer.
You can also transfer WhatsApp stickers through third party migration software. It is well detailed in the article through the link.
Before we go to explain the answers to the various “procedures” related to WhatsApp data transfer, in this case WhatsApp stickers, you should know that there would be nothing to transfer if there is no backup. So first things first, we will see how to create a WhatsApp backup.
How to Backup WhatsApp Stickers
WhatsApp stickers are saved in the application data folder under normal circumstances, just like any other medium sent or received. So, as your chats are saved in chronological order, WhatsApp stickers are also saved with the chats in the same way, based on the time they were sent or received. Which means your stickers are already saved on your phone.
How to Backup WhatsApp Stickers to Android Storage
- Open the WhatsApp application on your device.
- From any tab, open settings by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner and then click settings in the menu that appears.
- Now select Chats in the setup menu.
- Next step, click Chat backup. The Chat Backup screen will show when the last backup was made.
- Finally, click on the BACKUP button and WhatsApp will start backing up.
How to Backup WhatsApp Stickers to Cloud
Whenever you backup your WhatsApp data, your stickers, which you know are part of WhatsApp data, will also be backed up. WhatsApp backup is usually scheduled to be automatic on a monthly or weekly basis, so you should already have a backup of your chats and everything. If that’s not the case, you can do it by following the steps below.
Backup WhatsApp Stickers to Cloud on Android
To backup to the cloud on Android devices, follow the steps above until you get to the chat backup.
- Now select the Google account you want to backup.
- Click on Backup to Google Drive and select only when I touch “Backup” options.
- Proceed to click on the SUPPORT button. The cloud backup should start immediately after the local backup finishes.
Backup WhatsApp Stickers to Cloud on iOS
For iOS devices, first make sure iCloud for WhatsApp is turned on. If not, or you are not sure, follow these steps to activate iCloud for WhatsApp.
Now to backup WhatsApp to cloud on your iOS device
How to transfer WhatsApp stickers
Now let’s see how to move your stickers to your new device.
WhatsApp sticker transfer via cloud backup
Cloud backup is very useful not only for protecting your data, but also for transferring data to another device. Easily explained, your backup to the cloud from one device and then download it from the cloud to another device. WhatsApp does not have your backup in the cloud, but uses a third-party backup service depending on the device you are using. Google drive for Android or iCloud for iOS devices, which in my opinion is reliable and safe since they are native services in the cloud of the respective mobile platforms.
For this method, you should have already backed up your WhatsApp stickers along with your WhatsApp data to a cloud service on your old phone. Suppose you haven’t, backup to the cloud now.
Next, install WhatsApp on your new phone. Log in and restore from the cloud when prompted. All your stickers should be back.
WhatsApp stickers transfer by manual file transfer.
This method is very easy and requires little to no mobile data, other than what you will use to log into your WhatsApp, of course. Recommended if you are using WhatsApp Mods like GBWhatsApp and the rest of them, which cannot access Google Drive for cloud backup.
- Backup your WhatsApp to your storage on the device you want to transfer from. Your WhatsApp stickers will be backed up with it too. Everything should be in the WhatsApp folder on your device.
- Now transfer the entire WhatsApp folder to your new device. You can do this through Xender or by copying it to a PC and then copying it to the new device.
Suppose you only need the stickers and not all the file data. Copy or transfer the following folders in the WhatsApp folder: Backup, Database and WhatsApp Stickers. Make sure the file path is the same as on the new device as the old one. Backup and database folders should be inside WhatsApp folder, and WhatsApp stickers folder should be inside Media folder with WhatsApp folder.
- Install WhatsApp on the new phone and then log into your account.
- Click restore backup when prompted.
WhatsApp Backup to SD card or phone storage?
Phones are designed to save internal storage. So if an SD card is available, the data will be saved to it. WhatsApp backups to internal phone storage only in the absence of an SD card.
How do I activate iCloud for WhatsApp?
- Go to Settings on your iOS device.
- In the settings menu, click on the Apple ID banner, the one at the top that contains your details and all.
- Now select iCloud
- Find WhatsApp in the app list, then click the toggle switch to green to turn it on.
Restoring your WhatsApp data on another device is easy and possible. But your favorite stickers may not be in the favorite stickers section as most of them were added from chats. So in the end you could also do some work.