Saving your photos, friends, and even other people’s public images or Facebook pages can be of great use, especially since you don’t need to keep your storage restricted to the social networking service. With the help of some applications or extensions, you can download any type of publication you want. Check Find out how to download photos and stories from Facebook.
How to save Facebook photos
If the photo is yours, the process is simple and similar for PC, Android and iOS:
- Tap the Facebook photo to expand;
- Touch the top menu, the three dots at the top of the photo;
- Tap “Download” or “Save to mobile.”
It is still possible to download all the photos you posted at once as a kind of backup:
- Enter the “Settings and privacy” menu;
- Select “settings”;
- Go to “Your information on Facebook”;
- Select “Download your information”. You can also choose the option “Transfer a copy of your photos or videos” to Google Photos;
- Choose what information you want to download;
- Click the “Create file” button;
- After receiving the confirmation email, go to “Available Files” and click Download.
How to download other people’s photos on Facebook
On the smartphone, the process is similar for Android and iOS. Just keep the photo of your friend or other people while they are public and tap “Download to mobile” for Android and “Save photo” for iOS.
On the PC, right-click the photo and save the photo file to the location of your choice.
Save the photo for later viewing
Facebook allows you to save a post to view later, such as videos, friend photos, or page posts. Follow the steps:
- Click on the publish menu, the three dots in the upper right corner;
- Select “Save post”, “Save event”, “Save link” or “Save video”;
- If it’s a page, just select “Save” after clicking the three dots;
- To view, simply select the “Saved” option from the Facebook menu.
How to save stories to Facebook
To save someone’s Stories to Facebook, you need to download some apps on your phone or a Google Chrome extension, as the social network does not natively allow this option.
- For Android: A good option is the Save story for Facebook stories app. Just log in with your Facebook account, select the story and tap “Download” in the menu that opens;
- For iOS: Shortcuts is an application that automates various actions on the Apple system, including downloading videos and stories on Facebook;
- On PC: You need to download an extension for Chrome, The Story Saver. After installation, open Facebook in Chrome and an icon will appear in the story you see – just click and download.
It is important to note that there are several apps with the feature to download videos and stories, but you need to be careful when entering your Facebook login information as you will share this data with the app. You can also read our guide to recover your hacked Facebook account.