Chevrolet today unveiled the new Silverado, a significantly updated version of the brand’s best-selling truck. The new Silverado offers customers more choice, more technology and more off-road capability, ahead of its market debut in the Middle East next summer.
The new Silverado also includes the introduction of the first Silverado ZR2, Chevy’s new flagship off-road truck, and the latest addition to a successful line of off-road trucks, including the legendary Z71 and factory-lifted Trailboss. .
The New Silverado features an enhanced exterior design that affirms the presence and dynamism that this generation introduced in 2019, as well as an expressive new interior with enhanced technology integration.
Changes include a class-leading 13.4-inch diagonal standard touchscreen on LT, RST, LT Trail Boss and ZR2, as well as a 12.3-inch configurable driver information display that replaces the traditional gauge cluster. .
Other highlights of the new 2022 Chevrolet Silverado include:
- A completely redesigned interior for LT, RST, LT and Trail Boss models with a redesigned wide horizontal instrument panel that makes the cabin feel more spacious, along with a new and more functional center console (with available electronic shift control on most trim levels)
- A larger 13.4-inch diagonal color touchscreen and a new 12.3-inch diagonal configurable digital instrument cluster are standard on models with the new interior.
- Available on most models, the built-in Google provides access to Google Assistant, Google Maps, and Google Play right on your infotainment screen. This new experience works with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and offers new levels of customization and flexibility for customers.
- Each version features a new front fascia, emphasizing the truck’s stability and strength with a wide, planted stance, while the new daytime running lights have been programmed with animated walk-up and walk-in functions in addition to slide turn signal functions on certain models. .
First Silverado ZR2
The first Silverado ZR2 hits the flagship position of Chevy Trucks’ factory-lifted off-road line, offering race-proven off-road performance that customers can purchase straight from the showroom floor. The ZR2 packs a premium interior, immersive technology, a host of standard safety equipment features, and off-road prowess into one complete package.
The ZR2’s suspension enhancements, enhanced off-road technology, and exterior enhancements were developed to optimize off-road performance and capability, whether for desert racing or rock climbing, while balancing everyday driving comfort as well. as a payload and towing capacity of up to 553 kg and 4000 kg respectively.
ZR2 highlights include:
- Standard 6.2L V-8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Silverado: First Application of Multimatic DSSV Spool Valve Shocks
- Uniquely tuned springs with Multimatic shocks increase maximum front and rear suspension travel compared to Silverado Trail Boss
- Front and rear electronic lockers
- Specific off-road chassis and suspension calibrations, including Terrain mode, which allows rock skidding with a single pedal
- 33-inch specific off-road tires
- Unique skid plate package
- New steel front bumper designed for off-road strength, durability and clearance, including an all-new high-approach front bumper that allows for an improved 31-degree approach angle compared to other Silverado off-road models.
The bumper is designed with removable end caps for easy replacement in the event of close encounters with rocks or other off-road objects. The dual exhaust has been placed before the rear bumper to eliminate potential damage.
In addition to its functional features, the new Silverado ZR2 is distinguished by several aesthetic cues, including a new black hood insert, a unique grille with integrated lighting and a “flow-tie” emblem, wheel flares, ZR2 badges, exclusive 18-inch wheels and an exclusive interior trim in Jet Black / Graystone leather, with a complementary dark trim.
The new Chevrolet Silverado arrives in dealerships in the Middle East in the summer of 2022.