Download and update the AMD SMBus driver on Windows 10 and earlier operating systems using the methods explained in this guide.
An SMBus (System Management Bus) controller is a set of integrated circuits (ICs) or chipsets located inside the motherboard of a computer. In simple terms, it provides a two-wire interface that allows the computer system to communicate with power-related chips and other low-bandwidth devices on a motherboard, such as cap switches, fans or voltage sensors, and power generators. clock.
The main purpose of an SMBus controller is to monitor the voltage and temperature of the main printed circuit board, that is, the motherboard. To ensure the smooth operation of this low-level hardware device, you should keep the SM bus controller driver up-to-date at all times.
To learn how to download the AMD SMBus driver for Windows 10 and other versions, just read the next segment of this post carefully.
Editor’s Recommendation for Downloading AMD SMBus Drivers for Windows PC
To easily download and update all drivers on your PC, we recommend using Bit Driver Updater. The tool is so easy to use that even beginners will not face any kind of problem when downloading the drivers. With its one-click driver update functionality, you have everything you want at your fingertips. With the help of this feature-rich tool, you get automatic driver scans, WHQL certified updates, a huge database, and much more.
Methods to Download and Install AMD SMBus Driver in Windows 10/8/7
Try the following methods to download and install the latest driver update for AMD SMBus on Windows laptops and desktops.
Method 1: Download the AMD SMBus driver through the manufacturer’s website
You can manually download and update the AMD SMBus driver in Windows 7 or higher versions from its official website. Follow the instructions below to do the same.
- First, go to AMD Official Website.
- Click on the Drivers and support option available in the navigation bar.
- Select your product from the list and then click the Deliver button.
- Select the version of your Windows operating system and click the Download present along with the drivers for the AMD chipset you need.
- Double click on the downloaded .exe file and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation procedure.
- After the AMD SMBus driver update is installed, restart your computer to apply the changes.
Also Read: AMD GPIO Driver Download and Update for Windows 10
Method 2: Download AMD SMBus Drivers via Device Manager
Device Manager is another effective option to try if you want to download the AMD SMBus driver for Windows 7 or later versions of the operating system on your own. Below are detailed instructions to do so.
- press the Windows logo Y X key at the same time on your keyboard and select the Device administrator option.
- Expand the IDE ATA / ATAPI Controllers category by double-clicking it.
- Right-click on the SM bus controller and choose the Update driver option.
Note: If you cannot find the SM Bus Controller in the category ‘IDE ATA / ATAPI Controllers’, you can try searching for the same in the ‘Other devices’ category.
- Click on the Search for drivers automatically option.
- After downloading and installing the driver update for AMD SMBus, restart your computer.
Also Read: Update AMD Driver In Windows 10 – Download And Install Easily
Method 3: Download the AMD SMBus Driver Using Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
If you cannot find and download the AMD SMBus driver for Windows 10 and other versions manually, we suggest that you perform the task automatically with Bit Driver Updater. With the help of this feature-rich driver update tool, you can automatically identify all problem drivers and update them with one click.
The following shows how to download and install the AMD SMBus drivers using this program.
- First, you need to download Bit Driver Updater and install it on your system.
- Start the program and wait until automatic scans your system for outdated drivers.
- Once you get the scan results, find the AMD SM bus controller unit and click Update now present next to him.
Also Read: Download SM Bus Controller Driver for Windows 7, 8, 10
Conclusion: AMD SMBus Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8, 7
Through this article, we discuss how to download and update AMD SMBus drivers on Windows devices in the best possible way. You can use any of the above-mentioned methods to do what is necessary. However, if ease of use and automatic driver updates are among your top priorities, we recommend getting the job done with Bit Driver Updater. The software not only provides one-click driver updates, but also boosts the overall speed and performance of the computer.
This concludes our article, feel free to leave us a comment below if you have any further questions, ideas, or suggestions.