Download and update AMD GPIO driver drivers in Windows 10 to perform all hardware specific operations smoothly. Read on to learn how to do it.
A general purpose input / output driver (GPIO) is a peripheral device used to configure the GPIO pins to perform low speed data input / output operations. Hardware development companies supply drivers to keep your GPIO controllers in excellent working order.
A GPIO driver driver is a KMDF (Kernel-Mode Driver Framework) driver that cooperates with GpioClx (GPIO framework extension) through the Device Driver Interface (DDI) and helps manage a variety of hardware-specific operations for the controlling device. Your GPIO controller device may have trouble communicating with the GpioClx and performing input or output functions when your controller is missing, corrupted, or out of date.
So, in this post, we have clarified a bunch of useful methods on how to update or download AMD GPIO drivers for Windows 10.
How to download and install AMD GPIO drivers in Windows 10
The following are the most reliable ways through which you can easily download, install and update the AMD GPIO driver driver on Windows PC.
Way 1: Download AMD GPIO Driver via Official Website
You can get the latest versions of drivers for your AMD graphics card, chipsets, and processors by downloading the AMD Autodiscover Tool.
As the name implies, it can automatically detect your AMD product model and the specific version of Windows operating system installed on your laptop or desktop system. In case you have trouble finding the drivers compatible with the automatic detection tool, you can try looking for the same ones on the company’s official support page. Follow the instructions below to do the same.
- First, go to AMD official website.
- Then select the Drivers and support option as shown in the picture below.
- On the next page, you can type the model name of the AMD product in the search field or you can select it manually using the AMD Product Selector.
- Once you have made your selection, click on the Send button.
- Select the version of your operating system and click the Download next to the AMD GPIO driver.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen to install the GPIO driver.
Mode 2: Download AMD GPIO Controller Drivers via Device Manager
Microsoft Windows operating systems provide a built-in tool called Device Manager to help users scan and update outdated, missing, or corrupt drivers. Here are the steps you need to take to run it and update the AMD GPIO driver.
- press Windows + R key combination on your keyboard to start the To run command box.
- Copy and paste “Devmgmt.msc” without quotes in the box and click the okay to start the Device Manager application.
- Then you need right click on the AMD device (you can find it under the Processors section) and select the Update driver menu option.
- On the next screen, select Search for drivers automatically of the available options.
- If a new AMD GPIO driver update is available, Windows will download and install it on your system.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Way 3: Download AMD GPIO Drivers via Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
If you find that manual updating of device drivers using the above mentioned methods is difficult or time consuming, you can use the automatic Bit Driver Updater tool. With the help of this tool, you can download and install the latest driver updates with one click. Along with this, it offers many advanced features like backup creation and restoration, flexible scan scheduler, driver exclusion list, etc.
If you want to try this proficient driver update tool, click on the to download button provided below.
After downloading the installation file, install Bit Driver Updater on your computer and follow the instructions provided below to update or download the AMD GPIO driver drivers.
- Launch the Bit Driver Updater Tool.
- Let Bit Driver Updater run a full system scan for a couple of seconds or click the Scan drivers button.
- After completing the scanning procedure, find the AMD GPIO driver in the list and click the Update now button next to it.
Summary: AMD GPIO Controller Driver Download for Windows 10
Through this article, you learned various methods on how to download and install the latest AMD GPIO driver updates on a Windows PC. You can use any of them to obtain the desired driver for your operating system. However, to avoid wasting valuable time and effort, we suggest that you perform the task automatically using the Bit Driver Updater program.
If you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to share them with us via the comment section provided below.